Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Lovin': NYX CREAM BLUSHES + Swatches


Hi Beauties,

I'm starting a new series on my blog called Summer Lovin', which will be all about products that I'm loving for summer. Yes, I know that it is still technically spring, but where I live, it is basically summer because it has been in the mid to upper 80's for weeks now. It is also crazy humid, which makes everything feel swampy! 

I have heard mixed reviews on the NYX cream blushes. Some people thought they were wonderful, and some people thought they were too oily. I personally LOVE them, and wanted to share my thoughts with you along with the colors that I have! 

Every once in a while, Cherry Culture will have a 40% off NYX sale, which is when I always try out some NYX products. Last summer, they had a sale, and I purchased two NYX cream blushes. Lets just say I was NOT disappointed. 



As you can see, the colors I picked were Glow, and Boho Chic. On NYX's website, they describe Glow as a "plummy pink" and Boho Chic as a "light blue toned pink". 

I think these blushes are gorgeous, and perfect for summer when you don't want to look or feel too powdery. They are perfect year round for girls like me who have dull dry skin, because they make you look dewy and glowing. I have to disagree with those who say that these are too oily, because I don't find them oily at all (which could be due to the fact that I have dry skin). You could even use these and then set them with a powder blush to make your blush last all day if you have oily skin. 

I love to apply these with my Sonia Kashuk duo fiber stippling brush, because they blend them out so nicely, and apply them evenly. The only downside to the Sonia Kashuk brush is that it sheds like no other! So I do have to pick out some brush hair from the cream blush, which is a bit of a bummer. I've also used my fingers to apply these when I'm in a hurry, and that works great too! I'd imagine that the Real Techniques buffing brush would be great as well! These blushes are really pigmented, so a little goes a long way! 

 Another great thing about these blushes is that you get 3.5 grams, and even when full priced, they are only $6 USD. Like I mentioned, you only need the tiniest amount, so I feel like you are really getting your moneys worth with these!



See how these catch the light? They really make you look like you are glowing from within. Which is BIG for me, since I have dry skin and usually look dull! 

I would HIGHLY recommend that you check out the NYX cream blushes! I already have my eye on some other shades!

Have you tried any NYX cream blushes? If so, what did you think about them? Any shade recommendations? What is your go-to brand for cream cheek products? I love hearing from you! 

XOXO,
Erin

PS: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm 23! AHHH :)

No comments:

Post a Comment