Friday, May 17, 2013

FAVORITE: Natural Products



Hi beauties,

Today I wanted to share with you my favorite natural health & beauty products! Although I have been a vegetarian for almost two years now, I wasn't always into using natural products. Over the years I have found some stand out natural products that I really couldn't do without. 

Moom 100% Natural Botanical Hair Remover: This is an amazing sugaring hair remover. Literally the only ingredients in this is sugar, lemon, chamomile, water and tea tree oil! No nasty chemicals. You can use this anywhere that you would use a regular waxing product. It is especially great for any facial hair that you want to remove, because it is very gentle on your skin. It is also gentle on the delicate bikini area. I purchased mine at Whole Foods, but you can find it easily online, and it usually runs under $10

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: The possibilities for this product are endless. I use it on my hair, skin, cuticles, lips - anywhere that I'm feeling dry! You can also use this as a makeup remover, and it will MELT away your makeup quickly and effectively! Obviously- you can also cook with this, and it is a heart healthy food that is known to help stabilize blood sugar and positively effect your thyroid! I got this at Trader Joe's for $5.99. The jar is huge and will last forever. You can find coconut oil at many different stores, but you want to make sure that you are buying pure organic coconut oil. Make sure to read the label to see that there are no additives. 

The Natural Dentist Healthy Moisture Mouth Wash: If you watch my YouTube videos, then you have heard me mention that I struggle with dry mouth, due to a side effect to one of the medications that I take. I have to take the medication daily, so I have had to learn to deal with dry mouth on a daily basis. One of the things that I have found that does help is the Natural Dentist Healthy Moisture Mouth Wash. I use this on days when I am having a lot of trouble with dry mouth. It helps to moisturize your mouth and soothe the gum tissue. It has no alcohol or artificial anything! I got mine at CVS for around $6. 

Josie Maran Argan Oil: To be honest, I was skeptical about this product at first, but it is something that truly does work. I have very dry dehydrated skin, and this product saves my skin! I use this at night, or whenever I am feeling extra dry, and I wake up the next day with plumped and radiant looking skin. It also helped to clear up any blocked pores in my skin as well. You can use this on your hair, skin, cuticles, anywhere - the possibilities are endless. Something that peaked my interest in this product was that Argan Oil is high in Vitamin E, which is known to reduce the appearance of scars, and stretch marks. (After my mom had surgery, the Dr. told her to use Vitamin E oil to help with scarring, and it worked wonders!) I have the "To-go" size of the Josie Maran Argan Oil, because I got it in a set around Christmas. I know that you can get argan oil from many different brands, but after researching Josie Maran's company, I really support her cause. I'd recommend researching all that she does for the women of Morocco! The To-go size is $14 and honestly lasts a long time because you don't need very much! You can find it on QVC, Josie's website, and Sephora! 

Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash: Never in my life would I have thought I'd be saying that I'm committing myself to a mouth wash, but here I am. The Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash is something that I've been using off and on for years. I struggle with (Medically diagnosed) OCD, regarding my teeth and oral care. In my quest for a healthy mouth, I've tried pretty much every mouthwash coming and going. This is BY FAR the best thing that I've ever come across. Tea Tree Oil is known to have antiseptic and healing properties, and let me tell you - it is effective, while still being gentle. I strayed away from this product after I ran out, and I decided to finish a bottle of ACT restoring mouthwash that I had laying around. After using the ACT for one day, I woke up with 6 or 7 PAINFUL blisters on my tongue. I thought that it was a coincidence so I kept using it hoping that it would get better. It didn't. I immediately went to Whole Foods and picked up another bottle of the Tea Tree Oil mouthwash. Within two or three days of using the Desert Essence mouthwash, the blisters were gone. It definitely taught me a lesson, and I won't stray again. It has no alcohol, sugar, or artificial flavors or coloring. It makes my mouth feel moisturized, and clean, and that helps cut down on my anxiety about my oral health. If you only check out one product in this post- PLEASE check out the Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash, because I cannot express how amazing it truly is! You can find it online, but in my area, the only place I have seen it is at Whole Foods. The big bottle that I have retails for $7.99, and it is worth every penny plus more. 

Those are my favorite natural health & beauty products. I'd love to know your favorite products! 

XOXO,
Erin


2 comments:

  1. I wish we could get these products in The UK!

    -Zoe
    www.glitterpillss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut oil is my absolute favourite thing ever! it's just so amazing for anything, and sorts my dry patches out a treat xx

    Gemma | ♥ MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete