Friday, May 3, 2013

April 2013 Favorites


Hi beauties,

I hope you had a great April! I can't believe that it is already May. I'll be turning 23 on May 30th, and I feel so old. It seems like just yesterday that I was turning 18 and graduating High School! Time really does fly! April went by so fast, and I definitely had some stand out products that I wanted to share with you all! It was so beautiful outside today, and some of our flowers are blooming, so I thought it would be great to take the photos outside for once! YAY!

On to my April 2013 Favorites: 



Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash: This is a product that I always come back to. No matter how many mouthwashes that I try, I always come back to it! It is one of those rare mouthwashes that you can actually read all of the ingredients since it is a natural mouthwash. It has tea tree oil, Aloe, Witch hazel (all known to have healing properties!) I have an obsession with oral care and I like to use products that contain natural ingredients. This product makes your entire mouth feel clean and fresh. It is around $7.99 but it is worth it! I had been using an ACT mouthwash and it gave me 6 blisters  or my tounge. (gross AND painful!) 3 days after using this, the blisters were completely gone. I will never stray again! You can purchase this at Whole Foods or at Desert Essence's website!

Malibu Tan's Hemp Gradual Tanner: This gradual tanner is so nice! It doesn't have the typical self tanner smell (it smells of coconut) and it doesn't stain your clothes or sheets. It is very very gradual, and it builds up to the full color after about 7 days of use. The only downside is that you do have to be careful about getting orange around your finger nails and in between your fingers so you need to wash your hands after use. It is also good to exfoliate before use as per usual with all self tanners. I'd highly recommend that you try it! The huge pump bottle is less that $5 at Walmart, and it lasts quite a long time. 

Dove Refreshing Dry Shampoo: I love this dry shampoo, and it works so well! I've been using a different regular shampoo and it doesn't do the greatest job at keeping my oils at bay, and that combined with the fact that I love second and third day "messy bed head" hair, wasn't the greatest combination. That's where the Dove Dry Shampoo comes in- it did such an amazing job at refreshing my hair and making it look like it had been freshly washed. I love this dry shampoo and it also smells amazing! You can find this at most all drug stores! 


Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Perfume: This smells amazing! It is my go-to scent for the spring and summer. I recently featured this on my very first "Fragrance Friday" post which I will link [here]. I'm sure that everyone has heard about this perfume or even wears this perfume, as it is very popular!

Chanel Vitalmiere Foundation: I have this foundation in the color 07 Ivoire Intensity 0.5, and since I have been self tanning, I was happily able to wear this foundation again! It is so moisturizing which is great for my dry skin, and it has the most beautiful dewy/satin finish. It is definitely a splurge, so I probably wont repurchase, but I'm having a great time wearing this foundation for now! I literally need only one pump for my entire face and neck, so I can see this foundation lasting for quite a while. I don't think this foundation would be ideal for people with oily skin, but I think there is a mattifying equivalent of this in Chanel's range! 

Sinful Colors' Nail Polish - Sugar Rush:  I pretty much wore this nail polish the entire month of April. I like to describe this color as a "rainy day blue" because it reminds me of the way the sky looks as storm clouds are rolling in, and I swear I detect just the tiniest hint amount of a grey undertone. Most people describe this a a powder blue, but that just doesn't cut it for me, so I'll go on calling it rainy day blue! :) It is a cream finish which is my favorite kind of nail polish finish. You can't really go wrong with Sinful Colors, especially since they only cost $1.99!


Tweezerman Tweezers: Be prepared for a blog post coming soon dedicated to these beauties. Hint: I'm OBSESSED! I have the print from the Betsey Johnson collab, which unfortunately isn't available anymore, but I have seen them in TJMAXX kind of stores. They retail anywhere from $22-$25, but let me tell you, they are well worth the hefty price tag. The way these are made make them easy for you to hold without worrying about dropping and scratching your eye out! (which almost happened to me once! ahhh) They make plucking those tiny hairs above and around your eyebrows and absolute breeze. Another AWESOME thing about Tweezerman is that for as long as you have the tweezers, and as long as they are able to be sharpened, Tweezerman will sharpen them for FREEEEEE. Yes, you read that right, free. 

LA Splash Liquid Eyeliner- Poison Ivy: I think green looks gorgeous on brown eyes, and I have been enjoying putting this green liquid eyeliner over top of my brown liquid eyeliner. It is subtle and has tiny adult glitter which adds a little something extra that really makes your eyes pop! 

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain- Honey: OH MY LANTA- can I first just say that Essie Button made me do it? Well not technically, but she did mention it on her blog which made me want to buy it! (That lady has fantastic taste! - her blog is a must follow! Link [HERE]!) It is a lip stain, but it doesn't make me feel like my lips are a snake shedding its skin! (A little graphic yes, but it's true!) Typical lip stains are ridiculously drying, and I have dry skin to begin with, so until this product I was never able to find a lip stain that I could wear. It is a beautiful color, is in twist up packaging, and smells minty. Basically, a win!

Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner- Blackest Black: I'm not sure why the word stiletto makes me think of sassiness, but it does. This is one sassy eyeliner. It dries down nicely while still looking glossy. It is long lasting and is the darkest of all liquid eyeliners that I've ever tried. I love to use this for a cat eye, and pair it with red lips. MEEEOOOWWWW.


Pixi Beauty Eye Kit - NO.2 Mango: I purchased this palette a while ago, but I never really used it much until this month. It comes with eye eyeshadow colors, all which are gorgeous, highly pigmented, and are a smooth almost "creamy" feeling powder eyeshadows. I am working on a blog post with swatches so make sure to look for that! In the US, you can find Pixi at Target and online.

Bare Minerals Well Rested: This is one of those products that I'm so glad I jumped on the bandwagon for. I use Bare Minerals Well Rested as a powder to set my concealer. I have hereditary dark under eye circles and that paired with the fact that I hardly ever sleep, makes for some serious zombie circles. This powder makes me look like I got twelve hours of great sleep, even when I've only gotten 2. I would highly recommend that you check this out, because it is such a great product, and is one that has become a staple in my collection, and also one that I will definitely repurchase!

 Well there you have it! My April 2013 Favorites! I'd love to know what products you were loving this month, and if you have tried any of these products. I love hearing from you all!


XOXOXO,
Erin

PS: I also posted a video on these products! I'll post my April Favorites Video below! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment