Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Splurge Worthy: Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation

Blogger is forever making random photos sideways no matter what I do to try and fix it!

 Hi beauties,
I mentioned the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation in my April Favorites post [here], but I wanted to give it a more in depth review since it has quickly become my go-to when I want a flawless finish. 

Things to Note: 

Suitable For: I have DRY, dehydrated skin. This foundation is described as being a "Moisture Rich Radiance Sunscreen Fluid Makeup." I wouldn't recommend this to people with combination to oily skin, because I feel like it would definitely be too moisturizing for you. It makes my dry, dehydrated skin look glowing and dewy, which is great because it's something that I've never really gotten to experience before.  

Price:  Chanel Vitalumiere is very pricey. It retails for $55 USD on Chanel's website, which is kind of cringe worthy. I will say however, that I only need one pump of the foundation to cover my entire face and neck. Which is great, because you only need a teeny tiny amount.

Coverage/Lasting Power: I find this to be on the fuller side of coverage, and it covers hyperpigmentation, redness, and spots without ever looking cakey. It is a satin/dewy finish, and lasts me all day even without a setting powder.

Scent: A makeup artist once used Vitalumiere Aqua on me during a fashion show, and I broke out terribly, thanks to the sometimes overpowering scent. The Vitalumiere foundation has no scent, and I haven't had any breakouts or reactions.

Here is what it looks like applied:

BEFORE:   




AFTER:
It's crazy what a little bit of makeup and a hair straightener can do! HAHA
Have you tried any Chanel makeup products? What are your most splurge worthy items?

XOXO,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. I love Chanel foundations:) I've used them myself in the past! Now following you.. PS - so jealous of your lovely long hair :(

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried anything from Chanel before but I have a long lust list! Lovely review <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete