Tuesday, May 7, 2013

April 2013 Empties



Hi beauties,

It was too pretty of a day to not take advantage of the sunshine and take photos outside. I got through several products this month and wanted to share them with you!

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo: People always tell me that they use up conditioner faster than they go through shampoo, but for me it's the opposite. As someone with really long hair, I am always willing to jump on the bandwagon for products that promise to remedy split ends and save long hair. Unfortunately, this product didn't really live up to its promise. It made my hair feel clean, but I didn't really notice any difference in my split ends, and it didn't really get out all the product buildup left by dry shampoo. It smells nice though.

Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm: Simply put- this product is AMAZING. A thick repairing conditioner that really helped fight breakage. I would definitely repurchase!

Equate Makeup Cleansing Towelettes: These were alright. They smelled nice and one towelette could remove a whole face of makeup, however they were really wet and sudsy and when it got in contact with my eye, really caused a sting! 

Revlon Age Defying Concealer: This was my HOLY GRAIL concealer, and I was heartbroken to find out that Revlon had discontinued it. It really hydrated my undereyes and was great at concealing my dark circles. This paired with Bare Minerals Well Rested was a total dream team.

Elf Liquid Eyeliner pen: Ehh, I liked it and for the price, you can't beat it, but I wouldn't say that this is waterproof like it claims. One super rainy day and you will look like you were a cast member of the Munsters. We are talking major running eyeliner, and that isn't a cute look on anyone. 

Bath & Body Works Lucky of the Irish Hand Sanitizer: I am a substitute teacher and I try to avoid germs, which makes hand sanitizers a must for me. I hoard them, and ran through this one in about a week and a half.

Victoria's Secret Supermodel Perfume is by far my favorite perfume ever. OF ALL TIME. I will forever be upset by the fact that it has been discontinued. It was discontinued with no warning. Thankfully I noticed this on the website on clearance and was able to order two small bottles. I have made it through one bottle and am saving the second. This was a perfume that I've worn since it came out and I always imagined myself wearing it on important life events like my wedding day. (Don't worry- No wedding anytime soon! :)) It is my signature scent and I'm so upset that it's gone. I'm hoping that VS will bring it back during their Semi-Annual Sale, but it doesn't look good. I contacted VS and asked if there is any old stock that I could purchase and they said that there isn't any, and that they don't plan on bringing the fragrance back. WAHH :( I've even tried Amazon and Ebay, but people are selling the small bottle for like $90! SAD TIMES! If you ever find this, definitely give it a sniff. It's amazing and will be missed!

DOVE Clinical Protection Visibly Smooth Deodorant: I enjoyed this product because it offered great protection, especially in hotter months. The only thing is, the scent is a little off putting. It was really strong and even overpowered my perfume on multiple occasions. It was a strong rose scent, so if that is your cup of tea, definitely give it a go!

YAY for getting through products and using them all the way up!

What have you used up this month?
XOXO,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment