Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Disappointment: Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads



Hi beauties,

I wanted to love these, I really did, but it just didn't happen. Unfortunately the Aveeno Positively Radiant daily cleansing pads were a huge disappointment for me.  

When I think Aveeno, I think natural, hence the name Aveeno Active Naturals. I heard so many great things about Aveeno products, and I had never tried any, so I thought the Positively Radiant cleansing pads would be a great place to start. I have dry, dull skin, so I'm immediately interested if a product promises radiance. The first thing I noticed when opening the jar, was the STRONG fragrance, and when I say strong, I mean somewhat overpowering. My skin is very sensitive to fragrances, especially on my face, so I was nervous to even start using them. I am used to natural skincare products having little to no fragrances, and if there is a fragrance, it is a natural fragrance, usually from a natural oil such as lavender or tea tree oil. This fragrance was an artificial floral fragrance, and was just off putting to me. I decided to use them anyways, since I had paid a pretty penny for these. (They aren't cheap, especially for drugstore pricing!) I used them as suggested, and after one use, I woke up with breakouts. I continued to use these for several days, because I thought that the breakout might be coincidence. It wasn't. Every time I used these, I woke up with even more breakouts. I'm almost positive that the culprit of my breakouts was the heavy fragrance of the radiance pads. I have been using these in the shower on my body, just so I can use them up, because I don't want them to waste. Needless to say, I am very disappointed and nervous to try any more Aveeno products, because I'm worried they might all be heavily fragranced.

Have you tried these? Did they break you out? Do all Aveeno products have a heavy fragrance? I'd love to hear from you!

XOXO,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment