Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Getting the glow - Favorite Illuminizing products

Hi beauties,


As someone who suffers from dry and dull skin, I rely on illuminizing products to keep me glowing. I thought it would be fun to share my favorite illuminizing products with you all.

[L-R] MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder, WetnWild Mega Glow Illuminating Powder, Benefit High Beam, Diorskin Shimmer Powder, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips, Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer.

First of all I should start off by saying to please ignore my MAC Pigment in "Naked", I was going to include it, but then realized that I use it to highlight my eyes not my face. OOPS!







Let's start off with the MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Truth & Light. Mine is in limited edition packaging from the Disney Venomous Villains collection, but it is now a permanent product so it is still available to purchase. This is supposedly 70% water, and is "light reflecting and translucent". It is a gorgeous highlighter in a very subtle way. I would say if you want to highlight in an "office appropriate" kind of way, then go for this product. I would like to point out that after a year of having this product, mine doesn't have that "cool liquid" feel that it did when I first purchased it. (Although it is still a beautiful highlighter, even without the gimmick.) This retails for $30 and is available on MAC's website.


 

One of my favorite highlighters is the WetnWild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder in 345 Catwalk Pink. It would definitely be better suited for girls with paler skin tones, because the shades are very light. I have used these individually for a more concentrated highlight, and have even used them as eyeshadows, but I have also just swirled my brush over all the colors, and highlighted that way. It is a gorgeous product, and you can't really go wrong for $3.99! The Mega Glo range also has other shades, which I can't wait to check out. 


Benefit's high beam would probably be classified as a cult classic. It is a beautiful pink toned highlighter that comes in unique nail polish like packaging which is easy to use and travel friendly. The good thing about high beam, is that it can be applied lightly for a subtle highlight, or layered up for a more intense highlight. It is very pricey at $26, but it can sometimes be found in gift sets or trial kits so that you can try it out before committing to the entire bottle (and the hefty price tag!)


This product is highly recommended in both the blogging and Youtube beauty communities. The Dior Shimmer Powder in 002 Amber Diamond retails for $45 which is very pricey, but it is so worth it! I have used this product as a highlight, as eyeshadows, and as a shimmery bronzer. The possibilities really are endless with this. I recommend trying it out, because I guarantee you will fall in LOVE, just like I did! 



The Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Blush & Highlighter in Healthy Glow has been said to be a dupe for Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks, which is great because it is significantly cheaper than the Shimmer Bricks. This retails for $12.95 and is beautiful to layer over a blush or just use the top two strips to highlight the cheekbones. I found this 75% off at CVS so I'm not sure if this line is being discontinued or not, but I would definitely recommend you to try this out if you can find it at your local drugstore. 


 Last, but not least is my FAVORITE of all illuminizing products that I have tried, which is the Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer. I adore Josie Maran products (but more on that later), and this product is no exception. I got this in a gift set, so it is smaller than the one you can buy in stores. Mine is 0.5 fl oz, and the full size is 1 fl oz and retails for $28. This product comes in a glass bottle which includes a pump which is so nice and makes using the product so much easier. This product is infused with Argan oil which has so many great benefits for your skin, so you're not only highlighting you skin, but you're doing some good for your skin as well. Besides the obvious use of highlighting my face, I love to mix a pump of the Argan Illuminizer with a moisturizer to put on my legs, because it gives the most beautiful effect to your legs and really hides any flaws while making your skin glow. I highly recommend that you get a sample at Sephora and try this out, because it is such a lovely product and is cruelty free. 

Well there you have it: My favorite Illuminizing products! I'd love any recommendations that you have about illuminizing products that I should try out! 


Hope everyone is having a great week

xoxo,
Erin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment