Sunday, February 10, 2013

Julep Maven Box

Hi beauties,

I have officially tried my first beauty subscription box! *YAY!!* I tried the Julep Maven box. If you aren't familiar with this subscription beauty box, it is a box specifically centered around Nail polish, and nail treatments. You start off by taking a beauty style quiz which leads you to the Julep box profile that is most like you and your personal style. I took  the quiz twice, just to make sure I knew which profile I was most like, and I ended up matched with the "Boho Glam" style profile. Boho glam is described by Julep as "An eternal romantic with an appreciation of beauty on a deeper level, you see your wardrobe as a creative drawing board. Your effortlessly elegant look pairs earthy neutral tones with fun, chic hues of turquoise, purple or orange." I would definitely agree that this is the profile most similar to me. Something I didn't know about Julep is that the company originated as a nail salon "parlor", in Washington state. (How cool is that?!) My box arrived from Washington, to Kentucky in only 3 days, which was very impressive. (Excuse the first three photos. My camera battery was charging, and I couldn't wait to open the package, so I took the "before" photos with my Iphone!)



The packaging was a sleek black box, and when opened, you first saw a welcome note from Julep, as well as an info card about what being a Julep Maven is all about.


Once you moved the cards, you saw a pink package wrapped in a black bow. You also find decorative filler, and a bonus gift of a Julep lip balm. 

 
The pink package was what my three nail products were wrapped in. How cute is that!


The package included a Julep daylight defense lip balm, 2 Nail Vernis polishes, and a Julep Essential Cuticle Oil.


The two colors included in my boho glam box were "Michelle" which is described as a Midnight, Inky blue (it looks lighter in the photo), and "Toni" which is described as a grey with a hint of purple. (also looks lighter in the photo) both of these are creme finishes.

Julep "Toni" nail vernis

Julep "Michelle" nail vernis

The Julep Cuticle oil was the third product included in the box. It smells delicious, and best of all it is in roller-ball form, which makes it a breeze to apply and is perfect for traveling. There is literally no mess or fuss! 

 
The bonus product included was a Julep daily defense lip balm. It is so nice, and smells absolutely divine! I suffer from really dry lips, and the lip balm is moisturizing and doesn't cause my lips to peel, even though it has an SPF.


I have thoroughly enjoyed the Julep box this month, and am so interested to try their Mystery Cupid Box that they have available on their website. I would definitely recommend that everyone give the Julep Maven box a try! As a nail polish junkie, it was so nice getting to try new polishes this month in such chic shades.

Have any of you guys tried the Julep Maven box? What did you think? Any Julep vernis colors I should try out?

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment