Monday, February 4, 2013

The Subscription Box Dilemma

As a beauty blogger, I have heard an absolute TON about beauty subscription boxes. Of course, I love trying out new products just like the rest of you beauty product obsessed bloggers out there, but I wasn't sure where to start. A simple google search of "beauty subscription boxes" brought an overwhelming amount of subscription box options, but which is the best? Here's a round up of the boxes I've researched. I'd LOVE to hear your take on any of these boxes and any recommendations for beauty subscription boxes that you may have tried! (I haven't purchased any of the boxes yet, because I'm still researching the best option!)




Beauty Army was a box that I found mentioned on several subscription box review websites, and they gave them great reviews. The website says that you "Take the profile- Complete the beauty profile to reveal your 9 personalized products, choose up to six, skip the month any time." I went ahead and took the beauty profile quiz, just to see what kind of products I could have chosen from, and was honestly underwhelmed. The nine products were Ruddy Water Blushed Fragrance Pouch, Yes To Super Rich Body Butter, Lash Card 2 Mascara shields, Olive Natural Beauty Lemon and Lavender Bar Soap, Whip Hand Cosmetics Medal of Honor Loose Pigment Eyeshadow, Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel, Emani Foundation Primer, Enspri 5 Minute Facial, and Mark Hook Up Lip Gloss. I could have chosen 6 of the 9 offered products. PRICE: $12 monthly





Beauty box 5 is also highly rated among subscription review websites. Saying that for the price, you get some really great deluxe samples. Brands include: Model Co., Skyn Iceland, Cetaphil, Becca, It's a 10, Blinc. PRICE: $12 Monthly.


 

Beauty Fix is a beauty subscription box run by the popular website Dermstore. Similarly to Beauty Army, you complete a beauty profile, and then choose 8 products from a list of products that the panel has recommended. Some of the products offered that are listed on the website include, Skylark Lipgloss, SpaRitual Nail Lacquer, Jane Iredale 24-Karat Gold Dust, as well as products by Vichy, DDF, and Murad, among many others. The products do seem luxurious, but only receiving 8 products, and the box being priced at $49.99 seems a bit on the pricey side. 




The New Beauty Test tube is one of the subscription "boxes" that I have heard a lot about, and I'm really interested in trying it out. According to the website the program is described as "
TestTube is an exclusive, one-of-a-kind sampling program enabling members the opportunity to try a variety of the best beauty products before investing in them, and then share their feedback about the products. Every three months, for just $29.95 (plus shipping and handling), subscribers receive a TestTube filled with deluxe and full-size samples of coveted, high-performance luxury products and the latest issue of NewBeauty magazine." For some reason I thought that this test tube cost much more than $29.95. (I wonder if it previously was more expensive?)


BirchBox is another subscription service that I have heard a ton about. Many many MANY beauty bloggers and youtubers are subscribed to this beauty box. It was the first subscription box that I ever heard about, and the $10 price tag was something that I felt was reasonable and great value. I have heard however, that over time Birchbox has become less and less impressive, and that many longtime subscribers have cancelled their subscription.


The box that I am probably most interested in is Glossybox. I remember hearing about it from one of my favorite youtubers Maxine Cassidy, and I was also hoping that one day it would be available in the United States. It costs $21 per month including shipping, but I have heard nothing but great things about Glossybox!



Before researching beauty subscription boxes, I had never heard of "Look Bags", which as you can notice is $12.95 per month with free shipping. According to their website, "
The Look Bag is a monthly beauty sample club where, for $12.95 per month, Look Bag members receive at least 2 full size and 3 deluxe sample size beauty products every month! Look Bag members receive makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrance, or bath and body samples from both well-known and emerging beauty brands." The Look bag receives mixed reviews on subscription websites, so I'm not sure whether to try this out or not. Has anyone tried the Look Bag?


Those are the subscription beauty boxes that I found and researched. I would absolutely LOVE if you let me know if you've tried any of these beauty boxes, as I am really dying to try one (or more..ha!) Which ones did you like/dislike? Has anyone tried Glossybox? Does it live up to the hype?

Hope you guys have an amazing evening. Thanks for reading!


xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment