Monday, February 18, 2013

Flower Beauty Goodies

Hi beauties,


Recently I heard about Flower Beauty's launch in Walmart stores, and I was definitely intrigued. If you haven't heard about Flower Beauty, it is a cosmetics line designed by Drew Barrymore who wanted to make a high quality makeup line that has really great ingredients while still being affordable. The entire line is made in the USA and is NOT tested on animals. If you don't live near a Walmart store, you can still find the range online at Walmart's website. I had to go to several Walmart stores to find the line, and my store didn't have the entire range. I picked up three items from the collection, and couldn't wait to share them with you. 

 



The first item I was drawn to was the nail polish in the color NP4 Gorgeous Gerbera. I had seen swatches of it online, and thought it would be my staple color for spring and summer. The swatches I saw pulled more of a pinky tone than it does on me, which tends to pull more peach. I still really love this color, and think it will look stunning during the summer with a tan.




I hadn't seen any reviews for the "Shadow Play" eyeshadow quads, and I was interested in trying them out, especially after seeing the colors in the Smoke and Mirrors quad. Something that is really nice about these is that three out of the four eyeshadows are matte, making this quad really wearable for everyday. I will say that when you put your brush into the eyeshadows you will have to tap off quite a bit of excess product, because the eyeshadows are a bit chalky or powdery. That being said, they are still very pigmented, and smooth when applied to the eye. If you feel the consistency of the eyeshadows between your fingers, you will definitely be surprised at how silky they feel. (Similar to the smoothness of Urban Decay shadows) I wore this quad to work on Saturday, and it was so nice because I could do a simple matte neutral eye for work, and then add the shimmery shade and darken my crease for a night out. It is a quad that I could see myself reaching for regularly. 


 The last item that I found was the Shine On Lip Gloss in the color LG2 Baby's Breath. It is a gorgeous baby pink color. With having extremely dry lips, I am always a little skeptical when trying lip gloss, but I thought I would give it a try anyways. This lip gloss is a cream finish and has no glitter whatsoever which means it is very smooth. Although it doesn't claim to be long wearing, I found that this lip gloss lasted around three hours for me, which I think is great. It feels substantial on the lips without being sticky, and it feels like a very grown up version of your typical baby pink lip glosses.

Those were the three items that I picked up from Flower Beauty. I'm very interested in trying both their BB Cream, and their Face Primer which I have heard wonderful things about. A little heads up if you decide to order online, their cream blushes are TINY, I was shocked by how small they were. I decided it wasn't worth the price for the small amount of product that you get. I've heard mixed reviews about their lip sticks and lip butters, but I will probably end up trying those as well.

Have you guys tried anything from Flower Beauty? I'd love to know your thoughts.

xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment