Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Great And Powerful OZ: Glinda




Hi beauties,

Yesterday, I posted about Urban Decay's The Great And Powerful OZ Theodora palette, and today I wanted to post about Urban Decay's The Great And Powerful OZ Glinda Palette. 

Just like the Theodora palette, the Glinda palette has the same gorgeous packaging, and comes in a tin-ish feeling palette similar to the style of Urban Decay's Build your own palettes. They are much more sturdy and compact than the previous Urban Decay palette packaging. The Glinda packaging is made up of light colors, which you would think of when you think of Glinda the good witch. The back of the Glinda palettes outer packaging box says "Graceful, fearless, and bewitchingly beautiful, Glinda is the kind of witch we aspire to be. The six BRAND NEW Eyeshadows (including two never-before-seen "duo-shades") in this irresistible palette give you everything you need to create her spellbinding look, along with countless others." 

This palette comes with 6 eyeshadows (2 duos), a 24/7 Glide-On Eye pencil in the color Rockstar, and a Super-Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color in the shade Glinda. I really like this palette, because I feel like even though some of the shades are more on the cool toned pastel-ish side, that it is extremely wearable and would be absolutely perfect for spring.It also includes a "get the look" card featuring steps on how to get the makeup that Michelle Williams wore as Glinda in the film The Great And Powerful Oz.





Just like the Theodora palette, the Glinda palettes eyeshadows are gorgeous and are smooth and apply evenly. Just like my worry with the "Spell duo" in the Theodora palette, I could definitely see the "OZ duo" having the possibility to have fall out due to the chunky-ish glitter. The OZ duo is gorgeous don't get me wrong, and the color payoff is stunning and one of the best silver and gold eyeshadow that I've seen to date, but I could see the potential to have significant fallout. 

How I would describe the colors in this palette:

Tornado: a dark blackened purple
Aura duo: a light pastel baby pink, and a light pastel baby blue
Magic: a light pink
Illusion: a peachy neutral
OZ duo: metallic silver and metallic gold with chunky glitter
South: a taupe-y dark grey/brown 


Would I recommend this palette? MOST DEFINITELY! It is gorgeous, and has all brand new shades. Any Urban Decay junkie or collector will definitely want this in her collection. 

Have any of you all picked up the Glinda palette? What are your thoughts on it? I'd love to know!

xoxo
Erin  

5 comments:

  1. This palette looks amazing! The colours are gorgeous and they are one that can be everyday use and dressed up! I can't decide my favourite, hehe. Urban decay are fantastic :) I also love their primer potion! Ooh the shadow stays on all the time! Love your blog so I followed you xx

    http://domandellie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! I agree, Urban Decay is amazing and a brand that I've learned to count on for amazing shadows. xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I'd love to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this palette yesterday, and I'm going to be wearing it today!
    Great swatches & review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty, especially the Jealous duo.
    Following your blog :)
    www.mybeautyjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete