Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Great And Powerful Oz: Theodora







Hi beauties,

Once I read about, and saw the promotional images from Urban Decay's The Great And Powerful Oz palettes, I just KNEW that I needed these! I remember how popular the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette was, so I knew I needed to make a quick decision on whether to purchase them or not. Well..as you can probably tell, I DID purchase both, and wanted to share my initial reaction and swatches with you. This post will focus on the Theodora palette, and the Glinda palette will have its own post.

As you probably already know, each palette comes with 6 eyeshadows (2 duos per palette), a 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil, and a Super-Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color. They also include a "get the look" card which explains the steps to take to recreate the makeup worn by Mila Kunis in The Great And Powerful Oz.

First of all, the packaging is BEAUTIFUL, as has come to be expected with Urban Decay products. The Theodora description on the back of the packaging says "Fiery, strong-willed and spellbindingly beautiful, Theodora is the type of witch we want to conspire with. The six BRAND NEW  Eyeshadows (including two never-before-seen 'duo-shades') in this enticing palette give you everything you need to create her captivating look, along with countless others." The palette is the same style and tin-feeling material as the Urban Decay Build your own palettes. I personally like the packaging, because not only does it include a huge mirror, but it feels sturdy and compact.










The pigmentation is wonderful as usual, however I could definitely see the possibility of the "Spell duo" having some significant fall out. The Theodora palette is full of such earthy toned eye shadows, and I can't wait to play with them! The 24/7 Glide on eye pencil in Zero is Urban Decay's most basic black eye liner. It is a staple in my makeup collection and stays put all day long. I have really enjoyed the Super-Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color, because not only is it a gorgeous bright blue based red, but it is so smooth and glossy, and isn't drying. It fades evenly and leaves behind a nice stain.

My description of the colors included in the Theodora palette:

Broken: a neutral bone color
Beware: a matte muddy brown
Bewitch: a chocolate brown
West: a metallic brown
Spell duo: yellow gold, and black with chunky glitter
Jealous duo: a light green and a dark forest green

Did any of you guys pick up the Theodora palette? Any eye shadow combinations that you've tried? 


xoxo,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. I was debating between this and the Glinda Palette, and I ended up getting the Glinda one. I might end up going back to Sephora to pick this one up too, I don't want to miss out on it!

    ReplyDelete