Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Prabal Gurung for Target: My picks

Hi Beauties,

As many of you probably know, the Prabal Gurung for Target collection has launched in-store and online. To be honest, I didn't do the "prep-work" I usually do for the target collaborations, which include researching launch dates and combing through the online lookbook deciding which pieces to invest in. The Prabal Gurung collection was a completely different story, because at first glance (seeing the commercial) I wasn't impressed. I thought the patterns looked unwearable. But after looking further in-depth online after the launch, I found some really great gems that would be great transitional pieces from winter to spring. I'll list my picks of some of the pieces I think would be a great addition to any closet. 

Sleeveless Blouse in First Date Print- $26.99

This blouse reminds me of a Rock&Republic shirt that I have that I love to pair with faux-leather leggings and heels on a night out. I feel like this piece could really be dressed up or down. The black detailing paired with the floral print really makes this blouse a staple that could help transition from a winter to a spring wardrobe. 

Sleeveless Tee in First Date Print- $26.99

This tee with the mesh detailing is another gem. I could see this also paired with faux-leather leggings, but with flats and a denim boyfriend style shirt layered over it. I feel that if this piece is styled more casually, it would make this print more wearable for the everyday. 


Ruffle Dress- Apple Red- $39.99

This Apple red ruffle dress is what I would consider the most wearable piece out of the entire collection. This could easily be transitioned from work to a night out, and would be absolutely gorgeous for the Kentucky Derby! The apple red color really demands attention while the cut of the dress is really girly and fun. It looks like it would be fun to twirl around in! (Am I the only grown up who still likes to see how my dresses spin when I twirl around?!) 

Colorblock Long Sleeve Sweater in Atlantis Green- $29.99

This is another really wearable piece that would be nice to wear during the transition of seasons. I would wear it with skinny jeans, riding boots, and a top knot.

Shorts in Floral Crush Print - $ ? (In-store only!)

These shorts definitely make a statement. They could be dressed up or down, but I think with a black button up blouse tucked in to these shorts, and a simple black pump, they would be perfect for a night out. 

Peplum Top in Floral Crush Print - $ ? (In-store only!)


If I'm being honest, I'm still on the fence with this one. The silhouette and structure of the top is gorgeous, and I love the black trim against the floral print, but the spacing of the flowers on the top section is the part I'm unsure about. I really like the print on the bottom, but there's just something about the spacing on the top. Does this borrow anyone else?



Wedge Sandal with Ankle Strap Black/Grey - $29.99


I LOVE these wedges!!! The small wedge heel would be comfortable enough for the office, or a night out. Like everything in the collection, the heels could be styled casually or dressed up. I will definitely be going to target to find these babies! 

Shirt Dress in Nolita Print - $ ? (In-Store Only!)
This is my absolute favorite piece from the entire collection. If I could only pick on piece from the collection, this would be it. It could be worn alone, belted. It could be worn with jeans, leggings, or layered under or over something else. The possibilities are really endless with this shirt dress, and I have to say the Nolita print is my favorite print from the collection.


Have you guys picked anything up from the collection? What is on your Prabal Gurung for Target wishlist?

xox,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! :)

    Following your blog xoxo

    http://thevanitylondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete