Monday, February 11, 2013

Kentucky Proud

Hi beauties,

If you didn't know, I'm a Kentucky girl born and raised. I LOVE to buy local products, because not only does it help the local economy, but it supports small businesses. Back in December, I went to something called "Southern Lights", which is where you drive through and look at over one MILLION Christmas lights. My family and I usually go every year, and it is something that I always look forward to. Something else that's great about Southern Lights, is that they also have an facility where local companies set up booths and sell their Kentucky Proud products. I always love browsing through and seeing all the local products. This year, I came across a booth selling all natural handmade bath and body care products called "sassa Bella". I am a vegetarian, and have a love for natural products, so I was so excited to talk with the owner at her booth and learn that all of her products are made without petroleum products, parabens, silicones, synthetic preservatives, artificial fragrances, GMOs, alcohol, or animal testing. I decided to purchase a few of her products to test out, and I'd love to share them with you.


 [L-R] Tea Tree Lavender exfoliating oatmeal soap, Lavender Calming soap, Peppermint Refreshing soap, Lemongrass Spearmint Uplifting soap, Pumpkin Pie soap, Vanilla body cream, Ageless Skin Geranium Rose face cleanser. 


Descriptions: [Directly from their website]- Link: HERE

Tea Tree Lavender soap: "Looking for a soap that can do everything? The Tea Tree Lavender Oatmeal pretty much can. Contains the Jill and Jack of all skin trades, Lavender and Tea Tree. This soap was developed with nourishing certified organic plant oils that provide moisture while gently cleansing away dirt and grime leaving you with clean and deodorized skin. Both 100% pure premium grade lavender and tea tree essential oils are antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic, and are know for their skin healing properties. Oatmeal is added to relieve dryness, heal skin irritations, absorb surface dirt and impurities and provide gentle exfoliation, leaving skin smooth, soft, and clean."

Lavender Calming soap: "This simple natural lavender bar starts out on the right petal with nourishing certified organic plant oils that provide moisture while gently cleansing. Wash, inhale, and relax with the soothing, calming and healing benefits of 100% pure premium grade lavender essential oil. To experience therapeutic bliss, use as part of your evening skin care routine to enhance relaxation and promote a general sense of well being."

Peppermint Refreshing soap: "This holiday Soap is wonderfully reminiscent of the candy cane. The soap starts with nourishing certified organic plant oils that provide moisture while gently cleansing. Peppermint is refreshing with a minty fresh, cooling, slightly camphor-like, candy-like aroma, and it awakens your mental alertness and concentration. Red clay is a mild clay that is great for normal to dry skin to gently cleanse and exfoliate while improving circulation. Enjoy the refreshing and cooling feeling on your feet."

Lemongrass Spearmint soap: "If you are looking for a bar that’s invigorating and helps to jump start your day, this is the caffeine for your shower. The nourishing certified organic plant oils provide moisture while gently cleansing. The lemongrass and spearmint essential oils create fragrant bliss and will have your senses begging for more. Lemongrass is refreshing, rejuvenating, stimulating, and balancing, it inspires and improves mental clarity. Spearmint is a rich antioxidant and promotes a sense of balance and well-being. Apricot kernel meal is added to provide exfoliation. French green clay absorbs impurities from the skin, revitalizes, tightens pores and is marvelous for problem skin. Excellent for acne prone skin. This is a customer favorite!"

Pumpkin Pie soap: "Remember when you first walked into Grandma's house on Thanksgiving and you smelled the fresh pumpkin pies just coming out of the oven? Our Pumpkin Pie soap is so reminiscent of the nostalgic scent that you just might want to put a dollop or two of real whipped cream on top and enjoy a taste, its that good. There's more to this soap than just harvest fun, with nourishing certified organic plant oils that provide moisture while gently cleansing." 

Vanilla body Cream: "Vanilla Shea Butter Body Cream is formulated with nature’s most powerful moisturizing ingredients to restore your skin’s natural moisture balance, provide nourishing skin food, and an uplifting aromatherapy experience."


Ageless Skin Geranium Rose face cleanser: I can't find this on the site. It may be discontinued! 





I wish you guys could smell these soaps, they are so fragrant and pure, it's amazing. I've already used up the Tea Tree Lavender soap, and loved it! It was chocked full of oatmeal, which exfoliated my dry skin wonderfully without causing irritation. I also found that my skin was smoother, and any impurities on my skin were gone in a matter of days thanks to the tea tree oil. The Pumpkin Pie soap is so spicy and warm and would be perfect for a cold winter morning. The Peppermint refreshing soap is red and white striped just like a candy cane, and smells like it will be cooling and perfect for after an intense bikram yoga class! The lavender smells like pure lavender which is one of my absolute favorite scents. It makes me feel calm and focused, so I feel like this soap will perfect for a morning before an important meeting. The last (but not least) soap is my personal favorite. It is the Lemongrass spearmint soap, and to me it smells exactly like my favorite Tazo "Zen" tea. Just like the packaging says it is uplifting, it really is. I drink the Zen tea when I feel a migraine coming on and it usually helps to tame it, and I can only imaging how wonderful a hot shower using this soap would be.

The Vanilla body cream is so thick and luxurious it really puts other body butters and lotions to shame. I was so surprised by how wonderfully it moisturizes even my driest winter skin, without any harsh chemicals or junky ingredients usually included in mass produced lotions.

The facial cleanser first of all smells absolutely DIVINE. Although technically I don't need anti aging products as I'm only 22, a girl can never over-prepare right? It cleans my already dry skin without stripping it further, and adds a layer of moisture which has really helped improve the texture of my skin.




I really enjoy using all these products and can't wait to purchase more! 

Do you guys buy local? What are some of your favorite natural beauty finds?


xoxo,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, these all sound so lovely :) I like to add a little bit of tea tree to my bath, so I think I'd love the tea tree and lavender soap x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete