Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: GHD Hair Straightener

Hi beauties,
 
Today I'm going to share with you my new favorite hair straightener! The GHD Classic 1" styler.



For Christmas this year, my main present was a ghd Classic 1" styler, and I'm officially obsessed. 
 
 
 
My previous hair straightener was a 1" CHI. My only issue with my CHI was that it was plastic, so I couldn't curl my hair with it. It was the pink plastic version, so it was so girly and cute, but in the end it didn't have all the abilities that I wanted in a straightener. I also have very thick curly hair, which since it is long and heavy now, has turned into waves, (When my hair is short, I have ringlet curls.) and it took a long time to straighten my hair with the CHI because it didn't get as hot as the ghd does. 
 
The ghd's description says: "The ghd Classic 1" styler is the perfect tool for all your hair styling needs. With universal voltage to ensure you can look your glamorous best wherever in the world you are and automatic shut-off for peace of mind, the ghd Classic styler has all your hair styling needs covered!" "All-in-one styling tool with ceramic technology, Perfect for straightening and smoothing hair and creating curls, twirls and flicks."
 
I have to say that the ghd lives true to saying it smooths hair! I don't blow dry my hair because it is so thick that it takes a long time, and also that I don't want to add extra damage to it, so I miss out on the smoothing step of using a round brush to smooth and polish my hair while blow drying. My hair is so smooth after straightening with the ghd, that I couldn't believe the results. With my CHI I was having to constantly to add a smoothing serum to my hair after straightening it, and it's nice to not have to do that with my ghd!
 
 Here is what my hair is like naturally:


  
And here is what my hair looks like straightened with my ghd (sorry for the grumpy face- haha)
 

I should have brushed it out beforehand, but you get the idea ;)
 As you can see there is a pretty huge difference! I'm really liking using the ghd because it has given such great results. It also takes much less time to straighten than it did with the CHI, and the results last longer as well. I use the It's a 10 as my heat protectent if you are wondering. To be honest I haven't tried curling my hair with the ghd yet, because I have been loving the timelyness and look of my hair straight. I shall experiment with curling with the ghd and report back. :)
 
BONUS: I wanted to share with you something neat that my mom made me to store my straightener when it is cooling down after use. It is especially useful if you are doing your hair at a friends before a night out, or going on a trip. She found this idea on pinterest. What you do is take a pot holder and then on your sewing machine, sew up two of the sides until you have a little pocket to store your straightener in. It works great and is a cheap alternative to the straightener storage that is available on the market now. (You can find pot holders at Dollar stores!)
 
 


What is your favorite hair straightener? 


xoxo,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post ,,i am using this Hair Straightener from last few months i never face any kind of problem

    ReplyDelete