Monday, March 18, 2013

A Peek Inside: My MAC Palette

Hi beauties,

I thought it would be fun to share a look into my MAC palette. It took me a long while to collect enough pro-pan shadows to fill up my palette, and I looked at blogs and YouTube videos when I was deciding which eyeshadows to pick, so I thought it might help other people out to see what I picked and what they look like swatched. 

I believe that MAC has changed the look of their pro palettes, but mine was the original 15 pan pro eyeshadow palette. 




 If you buy the Pro-pan eyeshadows, then not only are they cheaper, but they also come already backed with a magnet. If you buy it in original potted form and decide that you want to depot it, you would need to attach a magnet to the back. 



Antiqued is described as a "Ash brown with bronze" it is a Veluxe Pearl finish. I would describe it as more on the copper side, and think it is a gorgeous shade for girls with brown eyes.


Cork is a "Muted Golden brown" and is a Satin finish. I think this is a universal color that looks great in the crease or for blending out colors. I've also had friends in the past that have used it for their eyebrows and really liked the outcome.


Electra is a frost, and is a "silver with icy shimmer." I love to use this when I do a really dramatic smokey eye as an all over lid color. It is a VERY pigmented silver, which is a rare find.


Humid is a color that I wear all the time, even though it is dramatic. It is also a frost finish and is described as a "green with shimmer." I LOVE wearing this on my lower lash line, and think green is probably the most flattering color on brown eyes.


Mythology is a Lustre and is described simply as "Copper". I really hardly ever find myself reaching for this eyeshadow because there is a lot of glitter that really doesn't do much beside contribute to glittery fallout. I'd also say its more on the pinker end of the spectrum rather than a true copper.


As you can see, the most used eyeshadow in my palette is Naked Lunch. It is a frost and is "Minimal pink with shimmer". It looks gorgeous as an all over lid color or as a highlight on the brow bone.


 Parfait Amour is great for brightening up a purple smokey eye, or for a fun pop of color on the lower lash line. It is a "Blue-violet with shimmer" and is a frost finish.


Patina is another one of my must have eyeshadows. It is a "taupe brown with golden pearl" and is a frost finish. (Can you tell that frost finishes are my favorite?) This is great for an all over lid color or even in the crease for days when you are going for more of a neutral eye look.


Sable is another great shade if you want more of a deeper color while still staying on the neutral side of eye looks. Sable is a "Gold plum with bronze pearl" and is a velvet finish. I like to wear this in my crease or or on the outer corner of my eyes.


Plumage shows up on camera much different than it looks in real life. In the picture you don't see the deep peacock-ish tone blue that you see in person. Plumage is a matte shade and is described as a "dusky peacock". It can be hard to work with and really takes a bit to build up color to get a true color payoff.


Shadowy Lady is another color that I use when doing a purple smokey eye look.. It is described as a "blackened plum" which I would totally agree with. This is also a matte shade and can be hard to work with and to build up color with.


 Sumptuous Olive is described as "Khaki with pearl" and is a Veluxe Pearl finish. Its great for a neutral everyday eye look. I love this color and actually prefer it over the beloved Woodwinked eye shadow.


Typographic is a go to for when I'm doing smokey eye looks, I have also used this as an eyeliner, and it stays put really well. It is described as "Asphalt black" and is a Matte2 - Matte squared is much easier to use than the regular matte formulation in my opinion. I actually like Typographic better than the hyped up matte eyeshadow Carbon as it is much easier to work with.


Twinks is described as "Deep Plum with pearl" and it is a Veluxe Pearl finish. It is gorgeous in the crease or I even like it all over the lid (lightly of course!) on my lazy days.


  Finally we have Wood Winked which is a "warm antiqued gold" and is a Veluxe Pearl finish. This eyeshadow is talked about a lot on both YouTube as well as on blogs, and I will agree it is a gorgeous color, but it is one eyeshadow that I don't find myself reaching for very often. I need to make it a point to use this eyeshadow more often. 

Now on to the SWATCHES!!! : 





That is it! I hope you enjoyed a peek inside my MAC Palette. I'd love to hear if you have any recommendations of MAC eyeshadows that I should check out! 


XOXO,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment