Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm Sick...

Hi beauties,

I'm sick.. I've been feeling so icky that I haven't even put makeup on since Friday! (I think that is a record for me.) I wanted to share some things that have been making me feel a little better, both beauty and non-beauty related.


1.) Keeping Hydrated!
My skin has felt extra dry and tight due to the fact that I have been resting and napping a lot more than usual, so I haven't been drinking enough fluids. To cure this, I have been enjoying my beloved Garnier Nutritioniste Anti-Sun-Damage lotion for my face because it sinks in quickly, and really makes my skin feel less tight. I also find the smell of it really uplifting. I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing me talk about this product, but it is just HOLY GRAIL status for me. I love it so much.

 For my body, I have been using Jergens Ultra Healing body lotion which is a thick lotion that does take a bit to sink in, but I find that if I use it when I'm still damp from the shower, it absorbs a lot faster. It is unscented which is also nice.

Can I just say that my hands have been ridiculously dry compared to normal? I guess it's from all the extra hand washing and sanitizing that I've been doing (which is probably reaching germaphobe status since I already wash them constantly on the normal day.) For my hands, I have been enjoying Paris Amour body lotion from Bath & Body Works. It smells really girly, and sinks in quickly to relieve dry hands. It also keeps you feeling hydrated for a long while after it is applied, and the scent really lingers nicely.

I have also been drinking Lemon-Lime Gatorade to keep hydrated, which is have been drinking out of my double insulated reusable cup from Starbucks. These cups are a lifesaver as they don't get condensation everywhere, and they also help to remind me to drink more fluids! My water intake has probably doubled since I purchased it.


2.) Entertainment.

My number one source of entertainment while being sick has been catching up on reading my favorite blogs and watching my favorite YouTubers. The channel that I have been watching the most is TheSchuermanShow, which is Sam Schuerman's vlog channel. I've been catching up and have watched over 20 episodes throughout the weekend. If you love her beauty channel and haven't checked out her vlog channel, you need to. It is a MUST WATCH, and one day when I have kids, I hope to be the kind of mom she is to her kids. Such lovely vlogs!  [Link: Here]  P.S: I will definitely be uploading a video to MY channel this week. Sorry that it has almost been a week, I've been feeling icky! Link to my channel Here.

I've also finally had time to catch up on the magazines that I've had lying around that I subscribe to but haven't had the chance to read. I have been reading two of my favorite magazines which are Cosmopolitan and HGTV Magazine. I've also been reading a new subscription of mine which is Elle Decor. I really like it so far, but the items and products that they talk about are WAYYYY out of my price range. Even so, thanks to all the decor magazines I've been reading, I officially have Redecorating-fever! I want to redecorate everything and I have so many great ideas from the inspiration in these magazines. YAY!

Finally, I've also had time to catch up on the sometimes neglected DVR. I've been watching a lot of Ghost Hunters, Syfy's new show Stranded, and also a new mini series on History Channel called "The Bible" which is very interesting and well made. I've also been watching some old favorites like The Following (OMG I'm so addicted! Is anyone else watching this show?), 2 Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, and Finding Bigfoot. I also have a strange fascination for the Investigation Discovery channel which is mainly true crime stories.

Other than that, I've been sleeping and resting as much as possible, hoping to kick whatever this bug is. Hopefully it's gone soon, and I can get back to my makeup wearing self (my nails aren't even painted!) 

I'd love to hear if you have any home remedy type things to help cure both a ton of congestion AND a tummy bug. I've heard Lemon and Honey tea might do the trick, and even though I have a huge dislike for honey, I might put my feelings aside and try it out for the sake of feeling better.


xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment