Monday, March 4, 2013

February 2013 Hits & Misses


Hi beauties,

Today I would like to share my February 2013 Hits & Misses (or Likes and Dislikes) I thought including dislikes might be fun, because I always have some products that I just don't like to use. 



Urban Decay Glinda Palette & Lip Pencil: I just knew I HAD to include this in my February favorites. I've been loving doing a really light and bright eye look this month with a simple winged liquid liner, and this palette has really helped me achieve it. The Glinda palette really has exceeded my expectations, and I am so glad that I got it. The Super Saturated lip pencil that came with the palette is also another one of my favorites. It is a really neutral pink-nudey-brown (I'm clearly not good at describing it), but it is just really lovely. It is super wearable and work appropriate, and works as a gloss/stain/lipstick all in one.


 Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation is something that I am just amazed by. Every review that I saw before I purchased it, said that this foundation was very sheer coverage, but I find it to be medium to full coverage. It is a great color match, and really works great with my dry skin. The only downside to this is that the bottle doesn't have a pump. 


Jordana Fabuliner in Brown: This is such a great liquid liner, and only costs $1.99! It is super long wearing and even lasted through an good old emotional cry. The applicator makes it easy to achieve a solid winged liner look. I've also really been loving wearing the brown, as I feel that it is not as harsh as a black eyeliner. (especially for the everyday!) I'm eager to try the Fabuliner in black- although every time I go to Walgreens they are all sold out! 

Garnier Nutritioniste Anti-Sun-Damage Daily Moisturizer: I somehow managed to delete the photo, but I included it in my January favorites (link to that post here) and my love for it is still going strong! I've seen such a significant difference in my skin since I started using this product. My skin is brighter, and more even. This is a product that I will definitely repurchase. 

Now onto some things I did not like...


Rimmel London Scandaleyes Flex is just horrible. The brush is nice and big, but you have to layer on so many coats for it to even show up, and it isn't worth it at all. This mascara flakes and I honestly don't feel like it's contact friendly, I have had several times that the mascara flaked and got onto my contact and it burned so bad! Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation: This product was a waste of my money. As you can see below, the inside of the lid just completely shredded which caused it to dry out. The packaging is glass, and it isn't travel friendly at all. I have dry skin, and this foundation was not good for me. It accentuated my dry patches and made me look extremely cakey. (It also smells like glue..) I should point out that I really like the original Revlon Colorstay, but this whipped formula, was just a major FAIL for me. 






There you have it - my February hits & misses. What have you been loving this week?

xox,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. The eyeliner sounds fabulous, and I have heard so many good reviews about nearly naked and the Oz palettes :) shame about your dislikes, I suppose they just make the likes even better!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nearly Naked foundation is incredible. I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete