Friday, April 5, 2013

NEW Obsession: Homemade fruit smoothies




Hi beauties,

With it being spring (and me realizing that summer a.k.a bikini season is just around the corner), I've been opting for a lighter (yet still filling) breakfast. I love spring because that's when the fresh fruit is beginning to be in season, which means the price drops! (hehe) I love making smoothies, and lately I have been on a complete smoothie kick! Probably one of the best purchases that I've EVER made was the Bella single serve blender. I got mine from SAM's Club, but have seen them at Target, and Walmart as well. If I remember correctly, I believe that this was around $19.99, which is a complete bargain. It is very good quality as well. I've had it for several years now, and it still works perfectly. Before I got this single serve blender, I would always buy smoothies from fast food restaurants because it was so much less of a hassle than getting out the big blender and making the smoothie and then cleaning up the mess. Those smoothies were so unhealthy and weren't even made from real fruit. Not only are the smoothies I make at home made with all real fruit, but the Bella blender is an absolute breeze to cleanup. 

I thought that I would share with you my current favorite smoothie of choice!

Let's get started!




For my smoothie I like to put fresh strawberries and a banana. I also like to add this delicious frozen "Triple Berry Blend" of frozen fruit that I got at SAM's club. This particular frozen fruit mix has raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries!

 

I chop up the banana into really small pieces so most of it will fit, and then do the same with the strawberries. (What wont fit, and is leftover, I just eat! Yum!)
 

This is a bonus add in that is completely optional! (I just really like it!) I add in 2 scoops of the Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake mix. There are 12g of Protein and 5g of fiber per 2 scoops of this along with a TON of vitamins and minerals, which is why I add it in. I'm a vegetarian, and I sometimes find it hard to get all the protein that I need! It is also Lactose free which is great for someone with Lactose intolerance issues! 


I also add in the not pictured 8 oz of water. (You can totally add 8 oz of milk, but I'm lactose intolerant!). I add in 3-4 ice cubes as well.

Such a beautiful shade of pink! Here is my smoothie being mixed up in my single serve Bella Blender! 


Here is the final result! Another great thing about this blender is that you can drink straight from the cup that it gets mixed in, which helps cut the time of cleanup as well!


This smoothie is SO delicious and is nutritious as well! It is also really filling, and gives you energy to jump start your day! 

Do you like making smoothies? What are your favorite ingredients? I'd love to know!


XOXO,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment