Wednesday, April 24, 2013

March Empties: A little late

Hi beauties,

I hope you all are having a great week! Today I wanted to share my March empties with you. I know that I am a little late on this, but I wanted to share anyways. Empties videos and blog posts are some of my favorites to read/watch because you get to see what people actually use. Once someone uses up an entire product, they can really tell you how they honestly feel about something.

Here are my empties for the month of March:


Alberto VO5 Miracle Mist: I'm not sure if this product is even made anymore. I remember I got this back in highschool ( a loooooong time ago!) and I really loved it. This is the same bottle, so I probably shouldn't have kept it that long, but it still smelled nice and did great to protect my hair against flat iron damage, while making is silky and soft. If you ever see it at a discount store, it's definitely worth a second look.

Studio Tools Strengthening Nail Polish Remover with gelatin: I'll admit that I chose this nail polish remover because it was one of the cheaper options available, and I didn't have time to run to Sally's for a bottle of my pure acetone nail polish remover. This one did an okay job, and worked better with  a cotton ball than it did with a paper towel. It did not do a good job however, with removing both glitter polish and textured "sand" polishes. It just wouldn't even remove them at all. I probably wouldn't repurchase for that reason, along with the fact that I'm not keen on removers with gelatin in them.

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation: I love love loved this foundation! It is hydrating, long lasting, and full coverage while still managing to feel light on the skin. This foundation is an all around winner, and I highly recommend that you give it a go!

L'Oreal Feria Shimmer Boosting Conditioner: Is it just me or do box hair dye kits always come with the best conditioner? While avoiding using my Redken All Soft Conditioner (YUCK!) I came across this conditioner lingering in my shower from when I dyed my hair black. It smells gorgeous, and makes your hair easy to brush through, and gives long lasting shine. What more could you want?

Wella Brilliance Conditioner: Another product I found in my shower while avoiding the dreaded All Soft. This conditioner smells amazing, and is for fine to normal hair. It didn't do much for me besides making my hair smell nice, because I have THICK curly hair that is color treated. I think that this would be great for people with thin hair like the bottle suggests.

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Brown: I liked this eyeliner when I first got it, but after a few weeks the pencil got so dry that it ended up breaking into pieces. It comes in twist up packaging which is nice because you don't have to carry a sharpener, but for the price, I think there are better formulated and cheaper products on the market.

There you have it! My March Empties. I'm sure you'll be seeing an April Empties post soon, because I've been working hard on use up products this month as well!

Thanks for reading!

XOXO
Erin

PS: Find me here:

Twitter: @MissStyleMonstr
My Youtube Channel: Link [HERE]

3 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with my colourstay eyeliner as well broke my heart. I can never get the dream mousse to sit nice on my skin this infuriates me :)

    missstylemonster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. That darn colorstay! Have you tried the Milani pencil liners? They are great!

      Delete