Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Haircare: Products I Use



Hi beauties,

I wanted to share the hair products that I use. Obviously I don't use these all at once, but I have different hair products that I will use depending on what hair style I'm going for. Let's get started!


I'm not too picky as to what shampoo and conditioner that I use, and I tend to switch it up pretty often. I do suffer from a dry and itchy scalp, so I have to make sure the shampoo is moisturizing as well as the conditioner. I really really love Redken Scalp Relief shampoo, but I haven't been able to find it lately which is a bummer. Matrix Biolage Hydrotherapy is another great one as well. For a cheaper alternative I like the Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship shampoo and conditioner, which is available at the drug store. 



 I really like dry shampoo! (As I'm sure everyone does.) My favorite that I have tried is the Dove Dry Shampoo, because it smells good and adds a lot of volume. The Suave Waterless foam shampoo is a cure for really dirty hair, when you don't have time to shower. I'd say this would be great for camping, or a road trip, when you can't get to a shower, but really need to wash your hair. This foam does make your hair wet, so I wouldn't say this is the most practical product for frequent use, because I just don't know why I would choose this over just taking a shower since it is going to make my hair wet anyways.



As a girl with curly hair, I love sea salt sprays because it really adds texture and soothes fly-aways, so basically it just really enhances my curls, and makes me look like I've been laying poolside all day! (A girl can wish right?!) Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray is a really great product that I've seen being carried in the drug stores. It smells delicious and really does a great job of adding texture. One thing I will say about this, is that I find that I HAVE to wash my hair the day after using this product because it does create a lot of product buildup. The Malibu Heat Surf Spray Hair Mist is from Bath & Body Works, and smells AMAZING. Malibu Heat is probably my favorite scent from Bath & Body works, and I'm thinking that it has been discontinued. This surf spray does an excellent job adding texture, and enhancing curls, while the scent lingers in your hair all day. It's basically a win-win situation.





If I shower in the morning, and don't have time to wait for my hair to air dry, I reach for one of these two products. If it is going to be humid or rainy, I reach for the Garnier Fructise Curl Shaping Spray Gel it does make your hair a little on the "crunchy" side, but it really holds your curl all day and makes it resistant to humidity and frizz if it rains. Like all Garnier Fructise products, it smells really good and the scent lingers throughout the day. The Herbal Essence Body Envy Volumizing Mousse is really great, but it doesn't control frizz like the other. It really shapes your curls and has a great scent that also lingers, however if you use this on rainy days, the water will basically rinse the product right out of your hair.



Got2B Smooth Operator Smoothing Satin Drops are great for using after you straighten your hair to make sure that it is smooth and frizz free. I will admit that I used this more when I had my CHI straightener because it didn't always get my hair as smooth as I would like. My GHD straightener does a much better job at straightening while still helping my hair remain frizz free. So I don't use it quite as often, but I do still really like this product. You have to be careful with it though, because you only need the tiniest drop for all your hair. If you use a little too much product, it will make your hair greasy. The Garnier Fructis 5-in-1 Serum Spray is a really great product that is described as instant smoothing, luminous shine, tame flyaways, resist frizz, and fight humidity. This product does also contain argan oil. I find myself using this most when I get out of the shower and my hair is wet, because my hair tends to look greasy when I apply on dry hair. I'm not sure if VS still carries the So Sexy Instant Detangler but if they do, I would highly recommend that you try this product out. It smells amazing like the namesake scent, and really does a great job at detangling even the knottiest hair. The scent lingers throughout the day which is really nice as well.
 

I will admit that when it comes to hairspray, I tend to like higher end brands. I've just never really found a drugstore hairspray that I like. My two favorites are the Artec Kiwi Color Reflector Blaster Spray it does the best job at keeping your hair in place all day. I use this mostly when I curl my hair with my curling wand. It can make the curls have the "crunchy" feeling that happens with hairspray but to me it is worth it. When my hair was dyed red, this hairspray did an amazing job and making my hair shiny and the red shimmering in the light. I wasn't the biggest  fan of the smell at first, but I definitely think that it is an acquired smell. If you don't like the scent then I would steer clear of it, because the smell lasts for days! I quite like it now, but I know some people that don't. My next favorite hairspray is the Rusk W8less Plus hair spray which is an  extra strong hold but it is a shaping hairspray as well. It is a lighter hairspray and is easily brushable and shape-able. It has a very light scent, but it is really nice and clean smelling.


Those are the hair products that I am currently using. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it somewhat helpful if you are in the market for hair products. I'd love to know any recommendation for hair products! 

Thanks for reading!
XOXO,
Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment