Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wish list: Nail Polish

Hi beauties,
I'm a nail polish hoarder. I just cannot get enough. I put myself on a nail polish buying ban until my summer classes are over. (Why did I think this would be a good idea? ugh!)

If I were allowing myself to purchase nail polish, the following shades are at the tip top of my most wanted list!

Nicole for OPI: Rainbow in the S-Kylie ($7+)
If you saw my "The one that got away" blogpost, then you would have seen that I've been on the hunt for a dupe for the OPI Rainbow Connection, which came out with the Muppets Collection. A lovely blog reader suggested that I try out this color! (Can't wait to pick it up after my buying ban is over!)

Revlon Scented polish: Gumdrop ($4.99+)
I have heard SO much hype over this color. I'll admit, I'm a bit skeptical of any "scented" nail polishes, but this looks like a beautiful color, and I love pastel polishes.

Essie Topless & Barefoot ($8.00+)
Essie's Topless & Barefoot is one that I have been searching for! I read about it on a blog last summer, and have been on the hunt ever since. Hoping this wasn't limited edition! It looks like the perfect work appropriate neutral color, while still showing femininity and style.

OPI Spider Man Collection: Just spotted the lizard. ($8.50)

I'm not a big Spider man fan, I'll admit. However this polish has been called a dupe for Chanel's Peridot Nail Varnish, and is SO much cheaper than the Chanel Peridot price-tag of $26.00. I'm betting that this will be a difficult shade to get my hands on.

OPI Spider Man: My boyfriend scales walls ($8.50)

This is described as a creamy white, with a tiny hint of grey. I've always thought that white nails would look killer with a tan during the summer. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it just might be mine. ;)

OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse: Nothin' Mousie bout it. ($8.50)

Last but certainly not least. I actually squealed when I saw this. First of all, Minnie Mouse is the girliest of all girls, so you know right away that her OPI collection will be too, but GLITTERY hearts on your nails? YES PLEASE! Sign me up. Hook, line, sinker. I'm sold. (I may have to hint around to my mom that this would make an excellent birthday present. :))


I've also been on the hunt for a yellow nail polish that is in the same color range as Chanel's Mimosa, but in a much cheaper price range. I've heard that Revlon's Sunshine Sparkle is close, but I still haven't made up my mind on how I feel about Revlon's polishes. I feel like the ones that I have tried have been very hit and miss.  I'm also hunting for the OPI shade in O'Hare & Nails look great from the Chicago collection.


I also wanted to share with you this picture I took after I painted my God-daughters toe nails for the first time. She's 7 months old, and I just knew that she needed hot pink toe nails to go with her baby bikini. She is so beautiful and I honestly didn't know that I could ever love someone as much as I love her in such a short amount of time. I'm absolutely over the moon, and love to spoil her rotten!





*All nail polish photos found on google.



I'd love to hear what polishes are on your most wanted list, or any nail polish recommendations that you have!

xoxo



2 comments:

  1. aww your god daughter is sooooo cute! I love Nails inc nail varnishes! Would love it if you could take a look at my blog -
    http://lucy-abigail.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I'll have to give Nails inc varnishes a try. <3

    ReplyDelete