Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stepping outside my MAC comfort zone..

Hi Beauties,

I've been in a makeup rut lately. The kind of rut when you feel like your makeup is always the "same old- same old", and your itching to try something new. Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm a MAC girl through and through. Sure, I'll venture out into the realm of Urban Decay and Revlon, but my heart will always belong to MAC. That was, until I started a love affair with NYX, with a little bit of Milani on the side.

I saw on twitter from the GORGEOUS Melisa Michelle that Cherryculture was having a 60% off NYX sale. Yes, you read that right: 60% OFF! I knew right away that  I needed to give it a try since I've been hearing incredible things about NYX products. (Shout out to Melisa Michelle for tweeting about the sale. If you haven't checked out her videos then you are missing out. I'll link her youtube here: [link]

It took awhile to get to me, seeing as though they were probably swamped with orders and it came from California. (I'm a KY girl!) But the box was packaged very nicely and nothing was broken when it arrived to me.

Here's what I ended up with + a mini review on the items that I've tried so far. (P.S: Sorry for the icky dark lighting. It has been absolutely gloomy here for days now. Grey skies and rain that just won't quit!)

So sorry about the sideways photo. Blogger has been giving me nothing but trouble with the picture uploading!

[L-R] Milani Luminoso, NYX Glow, NYX Boho Chic
My first swatching attempt. :) 
So far I really like the cream blushes! (Glow & Boho Chic) I haven't quite figured out the best way to apply them yet. I've used both my fingers and a Sonia Kashuk stippling brush, and found both left the blush (and my foundation) a bit streaky and disheveled. I like applying the Milani Luminoso blush over the cream blushes to add a bit of an extra sparkle, or "sumthin sumthin." :) I saw on a video that the GORGEOUS Estee aka Essie Button (CLICK THIS LINK NOWISH) applies her cream blush with a Real Techniques brush, which obviously means that I HAVE to have the same brush, because lets face it, If she purchased dirt, and said it made good eyeshadow, then you better believe I would be doing the same! (I can be so dramatic at times eh? - see what I did there? She is Canadian.. how awesome is that?)
NYX trio in "In The Woods", and NYX palette in "Champagne & Caviar".

I purchased the trio for my mom, because I love buying her makeup, and she hasn't tried it out yet, but when she does, I'll be sure to let you know what she thinks. I however have tried (and loved) the Champagne & Caviar palette, which I somehow accidentally refer to as the "Vodka & Caviar" palette. Why? I don't know! You can basically do any type of look from a smokey eye to a simple daytime eye with this lovely product. WIN!
 [T-B] NYX Long Pencil Lip (Strange name say what!) Prune, Natural, Pinky, Red

 [L-R] NYX Mega Shiny lipgloss in Salsa & Sweetheart. Love the smell so far, but they dry out my lips a bit. :(

Milani Liquif'eye eyeliner in "Brown" and NYX Push-Up Bra for your eyebrows.
Haven't tried these out yet. Will let everyone know thoughts sooner than soon!

Have you guys tried out any of these products? What are your thoughts on them? Any product recommendations? 

Have a happy Wednesday!
xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment