Monday, May 14, 2012

The one that got away. Part 2: Rainbow Connection

Hi beauties,

Basically, I completely missed out on the OPI Rainbow Connection polish that came out with the Muppet collection. I literally STALKED my local Ulta, and could not find one single bottle! Since then, I've been on a hunt for a "dupe" of the highly sought after Rainbow Connection. I purchased two polishes which I thought looked like exact matches, only to realize that they aren't really that similar at all. Although one comes a lot closer than the other.

Here's a photo of what I've found.




On the left we have a glitter polish in the color Galaxy by American Apparel. On the right a glitter polish in the color Gems by Milani. From what I've gathered by reading reviews and such, the actual Rainbow Connection polish is a clear polish with rainbow glitter in all different sizes. American Apparel's Galaxy is a clear base with really large flecks of rainbow glitter, while Milani's Gems is a clear base with really small flecks of rainbow glitter. I've come to the conclusion, that if Galaxy and Gems had a baby, it would probably be really close to Rainbow Connection. *Sigh* Rainbow Connection will always be "the one that got away."

Has anyone found an exact dupe? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Rainbow in the Skylie from the Nicole by OPI Kardashian collection is an exact dupe! You can still find it at Target and Walmart.

    ReplyDelete