Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dry Shampoo




Hi beauties,

As a longtime beauty blog reader, I've known about dry shampoo for quite a while, though I had mainly seen it talked about on British beauty blogs, when discussing Batiste dry shampoo. Well, FINALLY dry shampoo has made it into the US beauty market. The first one that I had seen was within Tigi's "Rocker" line, and that dry shampoo was around $15. Thankfully, some drugstore brands have introduced cheaper dry shampoo alternatives! I tried out these two, and wanted to share my thoughts. (I've also tried a sample of the Suave dry shampoo that doesn't foam, but I used it all up. It's pretty good, and smells yummy. It does leave residue in your hair though, especially if you have dark hair.)

First up is the Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo. It is described on the bottle as: "Invigorating Dry Shampoo Absorbs oil between traditional washes so hair looks and feels refreshed. Its weightless formula cleans to transform hair from lifeless to bouncy so you can enjoy fresh, voluminous hair for longer, even when you skip your regular wash." This dry shampoo is really great, and I'd suggest it for more normal to oily hair, or hair that is more thin. It has the traditional "Dove" smell that all their products have. It is also really great to use as a texturizer. I was curling a friends hair, and she has really thin, stick straight hair, and I sprayed a little of the Dove Dry Shampoo throughout her hair, and it added the texture that was needed to be able to hold the curl! (Which is a great plus to an already great product!) I believe that it's around the $3.50 dollar mark, but at Walmart, it had a coupon attached for $2.00 off! Bargain!

Next is the Suave waterless foam shampoo. It is described as: "This waterless foam shampoo, with aloe leaf and jojoba, revives dry and curly hair between washes, no water needed." The bottle also says that it is Salon proven to revive hair as well as BUMBLE & BUMBLE. I have thick curly hair, and this works wonders! Over washing your hair can cause your scalp to freak out and over produce oils to compensate for the oils it looses through daily washing. I have retrained my hair to be less oily by cutting back on the washing, thanks to this dry shampoo! It is cheap, and works great! What more could you ask for?

Batiste dry shampoos are definitely on my list of dry shampoos to try! I'd love to know if you've tried dry shampoo, and what you thought of them, and also any recommendations that you have!

Have a happy Tuesday!

xoxoo


4 comments:

  1. Erin, another product you may like is Hair powder! I love the one from Got2b which I randomly bought on vacay one time its amazing! you can get it at the drugstore and hair is crazy voluminous after

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that sounds lovely! I will definitely have to give it a go. I love big voluminous hair. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I really want to try the Dove one! I love Dove products. Really hope it makes it to the UK soon! x

    maskedbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so i got the dove dry shampoo and i was really liking it...for about 4 days..it ran out SOOO fast! i'm not sure if i had one that had been sprayed or something but i was disappointed so i don't think i'll be repurchasing. i got the big sexy hair dry shampoo and it seems good so far. x

    ReplyDelete