Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Health: Part 1

Hi beauties,
I want to tell you about my transformation to healthy. It is still a work in progress, and something I have to constantly remind myself about, but I have seen some amazing benefits.

At my heaviest, I was 18 years old, Six foot tall, and 150 lbs. Wore up to a size 11 Jr.  I ate fast food religiously, drank up to 5 Diet Cokes/Diet Mt. Dews daily, Never drank water, stayed up late, got no exercise, and was always sluggish and tired, and felt like I was living in a fog. All my friends went to college, and I stayed home to do my college classes online. My self esteem was lacking, and I was unhappy with who I was or who I was becoming. I had no interest in school, and was generally just feeling yucky.

I wanted to model more than anything, and despite my best efforts, could never get myself healthy enough to get my career off the ground. I decided to start making changes. I would go running, and workout on the elliptical machine, but felt bored and uninspired by my workout routine.

Before a trip to Denver Colorado, I had a doctors appointment checkup. I was so dehydrated that they couldn't read my blood pressure. Those sodas I was drinking were literally causing physical harm on my body, and I was allowing it to happen. I wasn't allowed to leave, and was hooked up to an IV. I was so dehydrated that my body took 2 bags of IV fluids in less than 1 hour. That was the day I quit soda. Cold turkey. In July, it will be one year since I've had a soda of any kind. After a week of feeling horrible and going through the caffeine withdrawl, I started feeling rejuvenated and was able to make other healthy changes in my life. I was no longer bloated, and my "belly pooch" that I was so self conscious about, was gone.  I started doing Zumba, and Yoga, and going for walks. I slept better, stopped eating fast food, and the fog completely lifted. I can concentrate, and I can continue to make healthy choices for myself. I became a vegetarian in December of 2011. I have never felt better. It is so strange to me how one life event can cause you to make a rash decision. (Quitting soda) which causes a chain reaction of other healthy choices.

My hair has gotten healthier, and is long again. My skin has drastically improved. I don't crave sweets or caffeine. I'm happier, have less mood swings, and suffer from less migraines. I recently got diagnosed with Parvo (basically Mono but with joint pain) and was unable to exercise because of an enlarged spleen. I'm looking forward to getting back into gentle exercising. Now, I am 21 years old, Six foot tall. 122 lbs. and a size 5/7 in Juniors. (a 2/4 in women sizes)

In a few weeks my mom and I are starting our very first raw food cleanse. I'll be sure to blog about it! Are there any readers who are vegetarian? I'd love to get some vegetarian recipes and product ideas. (I'm still new at this).

I hope this post inspired at least one person to consider giving up soda. (or trying to.) The health benefits from giving it up are endless!

I'm going to post some before and after pictures!!
Hope you're doing well! I missed blogging these past few days!!
xoxo





BEFORE:




 AFTER:


No comments:

Post a Comment