Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Essentials

Hi beauties,
It is HOT here in Kentucky. I'm talking in the 90's, which is unheard of for May. I thought a summer beauty essentials post would be fun. Let's get started.




Malibu Tan Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer: We all want to look bronzed and glowing, especially during the summer months when bikini season is in full swing. Its hard to find the balance between the amount of time to spend outside in the sun while trying to keep sun damage to a minimum. That is where gradual tanner comes in.  This beauty will only set you back about 6$ at Walmart, which is great value since it is a HUGE pump bottle. A lot of gradual tanners that I've tried have that distinct "tanner" smell. Anyone who has ever been to the tanning bed or used any tanning products will know exactly what I mean. This product DOES NOT SMELL LIKE TANNER! It has a smell that I can't quite put my finger on but it's somewhere between a (pleasant) herbal smell, and a coconut smoothie. Even as the gradual tanner develops on your skin, the smell never develops that "tanner" smell. Plus, I haven't experienced any streaking at all, which is always good. I highly recommend this!



Johnson's baby creamy oil: cocoa & shea butter:  Since many summer activities take place in the sun, a moisturizer is a must to rehydrate your skin. This can be found in the baby aisle and though contains oil, isn't oily whatsoever and sinks right into the skin. It smells like cocoa butter, hence the name. :)





Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer spf 20: Shade: Nude I don't know about you, but in the summer the last thing I want to do is slop some of my usual foundation on my face. (I usually wear MAC studio fix fluid) I love this tinted moisturizer because its moisturizing, light weight and still gives some coverage (as shown in the last photo)




NYX Cream blush: Cream blushes are so nice in the summer, because they are light weight and aren't powdery. The only cream blushes that I've tried are the ones by NYX. They are very creamy, smooth, and light weight. Perfect for that "no makeup" makeup look for summer. Plus they are easy to apply. No brush needed, just blend with your fingers. (Great for travel and on the go.)



Fun/Bright nail colors for fingers and toes: Pictured is OPI's What's with the Cattitude? But, any bright or fun summery color will make for a bright and cheery mani/pedi!


Sunscreen: You might be saying, "Well, duhhhh", but you'd be surprised by how many people forget the SPF! (Cough cough BRITTANY MY SISTER! cough cough) Even if you aren't laying by the pool, any outdoor activity no matter how brief can have an effect on your skin! My favorites are Hawaiian Tropic Sheer touch for any outdoor activities and daily use. I love Neutrogena wet skin for going to the pool and the beach!


Lip Balm with SPF: Kiehl's is a favorite brand of mine. Especially their lip products which are clear, and last quite a while on the lips.


Deodorant: I debated on whether or not to include this in a summer essentials post as to some people, this could be seen as "TMI". I think it's important to include this, because everyone needs some D.O for their B.O. ;) Dove Visibly smooth is great because it is long lasting, and includes an ingredient that minimizes the appearance of hair over time. Which is a definite plus!


Refresher spray: Some people will disagree, but I absolutely love MAC's Fix + and find that it is such a great multi-use product. It can be used to set your makeup, help adhere pigments, and refresh yourself on a hot day!


There you have it, my summer essentials. I'd love to hear what yours are.

Talk soon,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment