Tuesday, May 8, 2012

April Favorites

 Hello Lovelies,

I can't believe it's already May! April absolutely flew by. I decided to post a few of my favorite beauty items that I found myself using over and over throughout the month of April. I had a group photo of the products, but sadly blogger loaded it sideways, and I cannot fix it for the life of me. Anyways, on to the products!


Favorites: [OPI Nicki Minaj-Pink Friday, WNW Silent treatment trio, Revlon Grow Luscious plumping mascara, Revlon Colorstay Mineral powder, Victoria Secret VS Pro mascara, Maybelline dark circle eraser, Betsey Johnson for tweezerman tweezers, Jessica Simpson Fancy Love roller ball, OPI Nicki Minaj- Fly, Maybelline dream smooth mousse, Garnier BB Cream.]

I adore Nicki Minaj. I think her hair, makeup, and fashion are always on point. When I heard that she was going to have her own OPI collection, I just knew I needed a few. I purchased Pink Friday, and was gifted Fly for Easter. Pink Friday is the perfect creamy pastel pink, and Fly is a gorgeous teal, that is loud enough to get noticed, without being neon. Did you pick up anything from Nicki's OPI collection? How does the Pink Friday nail polish compare to the Pink Friday lipstick? (Sadly, I wasn't lucky enough to catch the lipstick in stock, which is probably good because I'm not sure it would have suited my pale complexion.)

[From top to bottom] I absolutely ADORE the Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara. I'm not sure if it actually grows your lashes, but I love how dramatic my lashes look when I use this product. Plus- it doesn't smear, or melt and end up smudged under my eyes. I don't have the waterproof formula, and it still applies like an absolute dream. (I have found that Loreal carbon black mascara, as well as Cover Girl lash blast, ends up smudging under my eyes by the end of the day. Which is strange considering I don't have particularly watery eyes.)

Fancy Love perfume by Jessica Simpson is a total favorite. My mom, and sister also wear it, and it smells lovely on everyone! It is so interesting how different a perfume can smell from person to person. It is fresh, clean, and never overpowering. I get compliments whenever I wear it, and both males and females seem to like it!

Victoria Secret VS Pro Voluptuous Fx Mascara. This is a great layering mascara. I'll admit that I didn't like it at first because its texture was more liquid-y than I was used to. If you let it sit for a while, it will eventually thicken up, and turn into something amazing! I love to layer it over the Revlon Grow Luscious, and they make a fantastic pair!

Betsey Johnson Tweezerman Tweezers. Can I just say that I have loved these from afar since they first came out? I would always stare at them every time I went into Sephora, but just couldn't justify spending $25 on tweezers. Suddenly, they were gone from my local Sephora, and taken off of the website. I came to accept the fact that I would never own the Betsey Johnson tweezers. As fate would have it, I "struck gold" ;) when having a look through my local TJ Maxx. Was it a mirage? Or was I actually seeing the Betsey Johnson tweezers? and for.....$9.99?!! I snatched them up so fast you could have gotten whip lash! And I haven't looked back since. (I'll admit my story was a little dramatic, but what's a girl to do?)

I'll admit, I've always been a little skeptical of the Wet N Wild eye shadows. Could something soooo cheap, live up to the hype that I'd read on blogs? In short- yes. I bought this trio when I was out in California, and was literally SHOCKED, when I swatched the shadows. My favorite color is the taupe-y, purple-y, grey color (so scientific. ;)) I love to just pop that color right on my lid and head out for the day. I thought I would never be able to pull that color off since I have brown eyes, but the great thing about that shadow is that it pulls whatever color your eyes are and really compliments them. I think it's around $4 (in California. Plus Cali's terribly high tax rate! yikes!) and worth every single penny!

I originally purchased the Revlon Color Stay Mineral Finishing Powder in Sunshine Matte, because it looked like a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, and was a fraction of the price. I was disappointed at first, (I thought it would be shimmery- but helllllo self- you bought MATTE. Duh) but have grown to love it. I sometimes just use this all over my face instead of foundation, and it covers imperfections while still giving some color to my cheeks. I haven't been able to find these lately in any store that I've checked so I'm not sure if they are being discontinued, but I have seen them on All Cosmetic Wholesales website!! They are definitely worth checking out!

[Oh blogger, how you have been frustrating me with these photo uploads.] Sorry for the sideways photo.

Let's start with the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse! I cannot express how much I love this. I have really dry skin. Like Sahara dessert dry, and it works like an absolute dream! (Pun intended!) I have the shade 180 Nude Beige, and while it is a little dark for me, I can still make it work by using a tiny bit of powder in a lighter shade on top of it. It is so moisturizing, doesn't break the bank, and feels so light weight. It will be perfect for summer!

Next up, is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle treatment concealer in shade 50 -Neutralizer. I have REALLY dark zombie-ish undereye circles, and while this doesn't completely cover them, when teamed up with the Bobbi Brown corrector, really banishes my dark circles. I have heard that the sponge is some type of anti-microbial always sanitary sponge, but I'll admit I'm kind of skeptical about that, but since I only put it below my eyes, I haven't had any problems with breakouts or anything of that sort.

Finally, we have (drum roll please....) The Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream with SPF 15. (Shade Light/Medium) A.K.A- the BB cream with the longest name- EVER! I love love love this. Like I previously mentioned, I have dry skin, and this feels so nice on my face. I was worried that because this has quite a strong fragrance, that this would bother my already sensitive skin- BUT it hasn't. I haven't had any sort of breakouts and my skin seems to be getting on quite well with this product. It's around $11 but you get 2.5 FL OZ, and it has SPF 15 UVA/UVB Sunscreen in it, which makes it perfect for summer. It is great for on the go because you can apply it with your fingers, and since your body heat will melt it up, when you use your fingers to apply the BB cream, it melts into your skin and stays put! I highly highly recommend this to any and everyone!

What are you favorites? I'd love some new recommendations!

xoxoxo
Erin




2 comments:

  1. Erin - I am looking for an all natural "lotion bar" made with real cocoa butter. If you come across any, do let me know. I was going to make my own, but it looks a bit messy.

    ReplyDelete