Saturday, August 17, 2013

Homemade Sweet Potato Chips + black pepper and sea salt




Hi beauties, 

Today I have a recipe post for you on this lovely Saturday! 

I have a 5 lb bag of sweet potatoes, and I wasn't quite sure what to do with them.. My solution? Pull up Pinterest! Sweet potato chips sounded really good to me, so I searched for a recipe. [HERE] is the recipe that I found (which I tweaked quite a bit!)

Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes (more or less depending on how many people you are feeding!)
Sea Salt
Olive Oil (or veggie oil, or coconut oil.)
Black pepper

1.) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2.) Wash and peel your sweet potatoes
3.) Slice thinly.. (Mine weren't quite as thin as they should have been..total learning experience)
4.) Put sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet and add oil ( I eyeballed it until every piece of sweet potato had a good coating of oil.)
5.) Add salt & pepper to taste
6.) Mix your potatoes to make sure the flavor is evenly coated

Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Stir every five minutes or so, making sure they aren't burning! 

There you have it, yummy and easy to make sweet potato chips. I hope you enjoy!

XOX,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment