Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hair: currently using.

I cut my hair! 6 inches gone, and it is still pretty long. I'll include a photo of my new hair at the bottom of this post. I thought it would be appropriate to write a post on the current hair products that I am using. I can't wait to finish them up so I can try new products.


[L-R] It's a 10 Miracle leave in product, Pantene Pro V Smooth and Shine anti-frizz serum, Pantene Pro V Restore Beautiful lengths replenishing masque, Got 2B Smooth Operator smoothing satin drops, Got 2B Crazy Sleek hot smooth Flat Iron & Blow Dry Lotion, John Frieda Root Awakening strength restoring shampoo, John Frieda Root Awakening strength restoring conditioner, Redken All Soft Shampoo, Redken All Soft Conditioner.

Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner. I've heard MILLIONS of good things about it from the beauty blogging community, so when I saw that Ulta had these liters for only $14 each I snapped them up. They have argon oil in them (so that's a plus) and they smell pretty good too! I am not 100% sold on this line, because I feel like it doesn't really make my hair soft. (which is what it's supposed to do, right?! :)) I like both of them alright, but I don't think I would repurchase. (I much prefer the Redken Scalp relief line!)

Can I just scream it from the rooftops that I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE the John Frieda root awakening range? It is seriously fantastic. I suffer from a dry and moody scalp, and this helps it so much! The shampoo and conditioner have eucalyptus in them, and are wonderful! (The shampoo smells heavenly, and the conditioner smells a bit "natural" and to be quite honest kind of "off". I may have gotten a bad bottle, but it does condition nicely.) I will definitely repurchase this, and I want to try some other products from the range. - I think there is a leave in conditioner?

Got2b products can be found at Ulta. (At least where I live!) I typically just wear my hair in it's naturally waves, but if I take the time to actually properly curl or straighten it, then I use these products. The Crazy Sleek is a blow drier or straightener lotion that I put on before I use heat. The smooth operator is used after to make my hair smooth and shiny. :)

I tried this on a whim, when looking for a hair masque, and I really enjoyed the smell of this one. It isn't the most conditioning hair masque that I've tried, but the scent was nice and it temporarily made my ends less straw like. I think they may be phasing out the Beautiful lengths line (or at least this hair masque) because my local target, meijer, and walmart has stopped carrying it! I am really wanting to try the Macadamia nut hair masque.



Do they even make this anymore? Should I throw it out? (Probably) but I CAN'T. I just love it so much, and a little goes a long way. I put one pump of this into my hair when it's wet after I get out of the shower and before I brush it out. It smells yummy, and really smooths out my hair and adds shine. I just LOVE IT!


I'm sure everyone knows what this is. As it's been talked about tons on beauty blogs, the infamous It's a 10 miracle leave-in product. To be honest, I bought this because of the hype surrounding it. I don't think it has miraculously helped my hair in any way. It really helps to detangle my hair. (I use about 3 pumps on wet hair.) For the price, I probably wouldn't repurchase, since I haven't seen a ton of results.


Any recommendations? After I finish my shampoo, I am lusting over the Pureology shampoo!

By the way: Here is my new hair! :) It was straightened so it looks a little longer, but it is still pretty long. Even after 6 inches were cut off. (The sun was in my eyes, hence the half closed eyes! haha)

Talk soon! xoxoxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment