Thursday, April 6, 2017

TRAVEL: Washington DC - Cherry Blossom Festival / Kite Festival

This weekend, I visited the annual Kite / Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. It started off cloudy, but ended up being a beautiful day. It was nice and breezy, perfect for flying kites. If you plan on attending the Kite Festival, I highly recommend that you bring your own kite. They were selling commemorative kites at the event for $15, which seemed a bit high for how small they were. We really enjoyed walking around the Washington Monument looking at all the different kites. My favorite was definitely the skeleton kite, as well as the dragon kite. 

Seeing the Cherry Blossoms in the spring in DC was always on my "bucket list", and I was so happy to be able to see them this year. They don't disappoint, and I'm still amazed by how beautiful they are. I cannot wait to go back next year.















Have you ever been to see the Cherry Blossom trees blooming in DC? 

Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment