Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY Project: Coffee & End tables


Hi beauties, 

My dad and I took on the project of refinishing two end tables and a coffee table for my new apartment. The tables were my grandparents and had been in our attic for many years. 

Here is what the tables looked like after they were sanded. I forgot to get a picture of them before they were sanded, but they basically had many water stains from people who didn't use coasters. The tables are solid maple.



Here are pictures of after they were stained:
As you can see, it was VERY messy! But tons of fun!

I decided to go with the "Red Oak" color, even though the tables are maple. I really like the color, and think they turned out nicely! Be aware that staining is really really messy! There are many videos and tutorials on how to stain, but my dad has done it many times, and taught me how! 

When its time to Polyurethane (which is what makes the tables glossy), make sure you do that with a very well ventilated area, as the odor is STRONG! (I don't want y'all getting a little loopy on me! hehe)

Here is the finished product!!

 


I am in LOVE with these tables (is that weird?) and think they will look great in my living room! I'm also going to make sure that myself, and any guests that I have use coasters! (I've seen the hard work it takes to get those stains out of the wood!) 

I hope you like them!!

XOXO,
E

1 comment:

  1. They turned out beautifully! I love the stain that you chose! I think they are going to look great in your new apartment! I can't wait to see your beauty station when it's all set up! :D

    ReplyDelete